Best Family Day Out
sponsored by Porrelli Ice Cream - Family days out can be few and far between, so making it a special day is paramount. Which venues across Scotland are offering families the perfect day out, be they young or old?
Best Marketing Team
sponsored by Fatbuzz - Promoting your venue is one of the hardest and most important aspects of making it work. Imagination is key, as is innovative design and a firm understanding of what makes the Scottish public tick. This award may be rewarded to a marketing company with hospitality clients or an in-house marketing team.
sponsored by Mills Milk - The winner of this award will be a new hospitality venue which will have been open no longer that 18 months from the date of the gala final – 07/05/2017.
Best Fine Dining Restaurant
sponsored by U-roast - This venue should be the very pinnacle of Scottish hospitality. Displaying the use of fresh and local ingredients with flair, imagination and expertise.
Best Indian Restaurant
sponsored by Nakodar Grill - This venue needs to know its curry powder from garam masala, and treat the great Scottish public to the best India has to offer.
Best Italian Restaurant
sponsored by Italian Aroma Coffee - This venue will be able to demonstrate everything that makes Italy famous. Passion, enthusiasm and great taste.
Best World Cuisine
sponsored by Loch Fyne Oysters - From Australia to Mexico, Vietnam to Morocco, up the Mediterranean and to Russia and China, this venue will bring the tastes and cultures of countries far and wide to Scotland (Excludes Italian and Indian Restaurants).
- Scotland’s Burger obsession continues, offering diners far more than just a poor man’s steak sandwich! Not limited just to meat burgers however as the last year has seen an explosion of meat alternative burgers and we welcome all sorts!
Best Independent Bar
sponsored by Coors Light - Scotland has some of the most exciting bars in Europe, but where is the best independently run bar in the country? Bars within this category must be independently managed, but may be owned by a larger group.
Best Sports Bar
- This award will be presented to the bar with the best provision for showcasing local, national and international sports.
Best Late Night Venue
sponsored by Brockmans Gin - If you’re keeping the Scottish public partying into the wee hours of the morning, then this is the category for you. Venues within this category must open after 1am more than 3 nights a week.
Best Entertainment Venue
sponsored by Pestguard - Be it a tribute night, a live music session, a burlesque show, or something completely individual, entertainment venues across Scotland are thriving, and we want to know where’s best to be entertained.
sponsored by Carling - Maybe it’s smack bang in the city or way out in the sticks, we all have that special pub we return to time and time again…either way we want to find THE best pub in Scotland.
Best Gastro Pub
sponsored by Scot Staff - Far more than just pub grub, Scotland’s Gastro Pubs are leading the way in informal dining! If you think your local is the best, then we want to hear about it!
Best Wine Selection
- Know your Malbec from your Merlot, your Sauvignon from your Soave? The winner of this award will have the best wine list available in the country and is open to specialist bars, restaurants and hotels.
Best Craft Beer Selection
sponsored by Blue Moon - Scotland is leading the wave of craft beer creation, from the big dogs to the snappy start-ups. Which bar or pub has the best craft beer selection in the country though?
Best Craft Spirit Selection
- Gin, vodka, rum, whisky…the spirits are having their day and we’re looking for the venue in Scotland that is offering innovative spirits from around the world.
Best Cocktail Selection
- Would Tom Cruise be proud of your hippy hippy shake? We are looking for the best of Scotland’s bars with a dedicated cocktail selection to delight the senses!
Best Outdoor Area
sponsored by Rekorderlig Cider - Scotland’s weather is temperamental at best, so where in the country has learnt to not only deal with the wilds but offer a comfortable and relaxing outdoor area for the country’s imbibers?
sponsored by Severino Designs - The finalists of the category will be established hospitality venues which have undergone major refurbishment within 18 months of the date of the gala final – 07/05/2017.